2. Country on the Pacific coast of South America; the River Amazon starts here.
6. A dishonest statement that gives people wrong information.
7. An unpleasant row, a noise that might make you want to cover your ears.
9. Expression used when bringing together the details of an argument: in _____.
11. To drop all connections with the shore and start a voyage: to _____ off.
1. A tool that might be used to make rough surfaces smooth.
3. In a discussion an expression introducing some contrary point. (4,2)
4. Prefix indicating the opposite (think about to lock and to _____lock).
5. These are needed to make a bike move if it has no motor.
8. To leave out; to fail to include, either by accident or on purpose.
10. Abbreviation for a small quantity of liquid — about a quarter of a teaspoonful.