1. In general, taking everything into consideration.
7. A musical instrument; large ones can be found in some churches and cathedrals.
8. A favourite name for a big dog; it means "King" in Latin.
9. A loud sound that means there is danger from things burning. (4,5)
11. A style of singing, very meaningful, expressive and rhythmic.
12. To encourage, especially when someone is about to do something dangerous. (3,2)
14. A scientist who uses different techniques to learn the composition of materials.
2. Abbreviation for one of the main ingredients of a balanced diet: meat and _____.
3. To cause something to be remembered. (4,1,4)
4. The first post-egg stage in the early life of an insect.
5. To make sad people feel less unhappy: to _____ them.
6. To look closely at something in order to understand it, or judge it.
10. To cause a crop or plant to reach a state of perfection: to _____ it.
13. A: Have you left the cooker on, B?
B: No! Why? Can you smell _____ ?